Why exhibit at tradeshows?
Being involved in tradeshows goes to the heart of everything we instinctively know that works in business:
- Building relationships
- Doing business with people you know and like
- Having a drink with colleagues
- Encouraging referrals (word of mouth)
- Demonstrating your product
- Meeting and connecting with industry
- Building brand awareness
- Informing your markets
- Providing demonstrations
A tradeshow crowd is a qualified audience who care about the products, services, or industry on offer. It’s the chance to launch, tell a story, brand align through sponsorship, learn about who’s who and even get gossip.
What to do to prepare?
The two or three days of a tradeshow should be treated like a campaign; you should build a campaign around your tradeshow presence.
What mistakes do people make?
- Arriving unprepared
- Undefined key messages
- Not educating staff on the event and its purpose
- Skimming on the stand
- Not getting involved in pre-marketing/PR
- Not following up with prospects
What are some important tips?
- Have three things to say
- Keep it simple
- Have things/reasons follow up
- Attend the socials
- Have a follow-up strategy in place