Organising an event?
Then you need to know THREE social media tips for events that you can do in under 15 minutes! These are the core ingredients that will allow you to engage, motivate and connect with your event audience on social media, from stakeholders, sponsors and exhibitors to attendees and media representatives.
Tip 1: MAKE IT EASY FOR YOUR AUDIENCE TO CONNECT WITH YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Can your audience easily connect with your social media channels?
Use a variety of marketing and communications tools to spread your key messages and then filter your audience through to your social media platforms for further engagement.
- Add social media links to your email signature tags, your EDMs or e-newsletters, websites
- Add social media links to your proposals and sponsorship documents
- Like or follow all your key sponsors and people and ask them to do it back
- Don’t underestimate the power of word of mouth. Mention exciting content that is on the social media accounts during phone conversations, at meetings and at other events.
Tip 2: DON’T TELL PEOPLE WHATS HAPPENING, TELL THEM WHAT’S IN IT FOR THEM
You can scream the features or special elements of the event order klonopin from the rooftops but it isn’t always clear what the benefit to going is. Why should they come? What will they get that will benefit them? Rework your content to provide real examples of what people will get out of seeing the features or elements of your event.
“Prof Jim Brown and Dr Kate Black will be speaking at the conference.”
“The conference has been designed to provide you with a platform to network with the best in the business, whilst learning from experienced nursing staff. Be motivated to make a difference by hearing from the industry’s best such as Prof Jim Brown and Dr Kate Black,
Tip 3: LISTEN, REACT AND INTERACT
The most successful social media channels engage with their audience. Here are some ideas to help:
- Thank people for liking or following you on social media
- Reply to those who ask questions and share the questions on the page if appropriate
- Follow the media in your space
- Monitor trends and hash tags on Twitter and react to them
- Monitor traffic that comes from social media accounts to your website with Google Analytics.
Post your own social media tips below!